- Vertical construction
- Carbon steel construction
- ASME code section VIII, Div. 1
- Red oxide shop primer exterior
- Heavy duty Butyl Rubber replaceable bladder
- NSF 61 for potable applications
- 125 psi
- Max Temperature 240°F
- Lifting lugs
- 4" High Skirt with base clips
- Dried to -50 dew point
- Pre-charged bladder at 12 psi
- Quick Ship inventory 5 available sizes from 175 gallon up to 1,040 gallon.
- 150 psi
- R-16 Polyurethane, closed sell spray foam insulation w/ acrylic topcoat
- Stainless steel construction
- Contact factory for additional features
Thermal Expansion tanks are used to help eliminate the expansion forces caused by heating and cooling of pressurized systems water. The tank air pressure must be field adjusted for proper system operation. It is important to properly charge the tank with enough pressure which equals the cold water supply pressure, prior to filling the system. Failure to properly pressurize the tank will cause the cold supply water to expand the bladder, greatly reduce the expansion capabilities. The heavy duty butyl rubber bladder keeps the system water separate from the tank, eliminating tank corrosion. The Niles Steel Tank Expansion tanks are designed for commercial heating applications and potable water applications. As the water is heated, it expands into the bladder and pushes against the air cushion. As the system cools, the pressure in the tank pushes the system water back into the piping, maintaining system pressure.
Download Brochure Get Quote
Our complete line of boiler room equipment includes a wide range of boilers, burners, hot water heaters, feedwater systems, blowdown systems, fuel efficient equipment, control systems, oil heaters and stack systems.
Niles Steel Tank
Niles Steel Tank designs and manufactures water storage tanks, pressure vessels and steel tanks for boilers.
- Lined hot water storage tanks from 30 gallon - 3,000 gallon
- Hot water generator tanks
- Blowdown tanks
- Solar tanks