- Vertical construction
- Carbon steel construction
- ASME code section VIII, Div. 1
- Red oxide shop primer exterior
- 125 psi -20 to 400 degrees F design rating
- Lifting lugs
- 4″ High Skirt with base clips (6″ high on 54″ dia. and up)
- Internal water diversion baffle
- Non corrosive service
- Upper inlet and outlet construction
- Quick Ship inventory 5 available sizes from 130 gallon up to 528 gallon.
- Manways/ Handholes
- Custom inlet/ outlet sizes, (quantities or locations)
- R-16 Polyurethane, closed sell spray foam insulation w/ acrylic topcoat
- Custom tank sizes
- Grooved, Flanged and NPT connections
- Stainless steel construction
- Horizontal configuration with saddle supports
- Contact factory for additional features
- Horizontal buffer tanks are built to order. Consult factory for sizes, dimensions and specifications.
Chilled water buffer tanks are essential components in modern day chiller systems. NST buffer tanks are designed to increase the system’s capacity so water temperatures stabilize within the chiller manufacturers recommendations. When the cooling systems piping capacity is under sized, compressors will short cycle and temperature control is harder to maintain within the building. Chiller manufacturers recommend between 3 to 10 gallons per ton of nominal cooling capacity, in the piping system. Depending on the level of accuracy of temperature control, higher volumes may be required.
Niles Steel Tank’s Buffer Tanks are designed for use with Commercial chiller water systems and hydronic heating systems which may have insufficient water volume to maintain optimum operating temperature control. Niles offers gallon capacities from 130 gallon through 1000 and larger, additional sizes are available by contacting our sales department. Buffer tanks are constructed under the ASME Code, Section VIII., Division I. Vertical and horizontal tank designs are available with a center baffle plate. The top of the tank has NPT port for the air vent. Closed loop systems do not require a manway, but they are available if desired. Standard product design offering as well as custom configurations with alternate system connections are available. Available connections are Female National Pipe Threads, ANSI Flanges, and Grooved Pipe End connections. R-16 closed cell spray foam insulation is also available.
Download Brochure Get Quote
Our complete line of boiler room equipment includes a wide range of boilers, burners, hot water heaters, feedwater systems, blowdown systems, fuel efficient equipment, control systems, oil heaters and stack systems.
Niles Steel Tank
Niles Steel Tank designs and manufactures water storage tanks, pressure vessels and steel tanks for boilers.
- Lined hot water storage tanks from 30 gallon - 3,000 gallon
- Hot water generator tanks
- Blowdown tanks
- Solar tanks